Jul 30, 2008

Corruption

OMG!! I never thought I would write about corruption. Such a serious topic! Thanks to my friend.. :)

Corruption is everywhere in this whole wide world.. and in the list of most corrupt countries, India is 74th (out of 180 countries). There is corruption everywhere.. right from getting admissions for LKG to forming government. It has become a part of our daily life.

Who is to be blamed for this? The one who gives bribe? The one who takes bribe? Our government? Our society? Our judiciary? There is no exact answer to this. All of us are responsible. So why not do one thing.. lets all take an oath that from this minute we won’t give or take bribe:) The not-taking-bribe part sounds a bit easier.. but not the not-giving-bribe part! NO..NO.. its not easy. If I hold back saying that I won’t give bribe then the rest of the world would keep moving on and I’d be in the same place where I started.

I personally feel that while dealing with corruption, one should try to make a big difference(I’ll say what this means a bit later) or no difference at all. Coz if I try to make that small difference by not giving bribe then as I mentioned before I would be going nowhere and the rest of the world will be going places.

So what can be done about corruption? Strict rules.. I would suggest. YES! Coz if all ppl were so divine and good-hearted as to not give or take bribe, then the whole world would have been so prosperous. But think again.. strict rules? Is that really possible? When the power is in the hands of ppl(read as leaders) who have loads of black money, how will they agree to make the rules more strict?! So that won’t happen.. atleast in the near future it won’t.

Coming to the ‘big difference’ part.. yeah I mean it.. BIG difference.. like in the movies ramana.. anniyan.. thamizhan.. :D Though it sounds a bit odd, that’s what I feel.. really! And now.. who is gonna make this ‘big diff’? Nope not me.. definitely not! Someone else.. may be some hero as in the movies.

So like every other Tom, Dick or Harry.. I would also sit n wait.. wait for that hero to jump down from the skies.. till then.. God save the people!

2 comments:

Aslam said...

Well... wish that it was so simple, but unfortunately life is not a movie and it takes more than one person to change the world.
I think reforming the old people at the top ( read as leaders/politicians/criminals ) is probably the only way to curb it at all the levels...

So like MKG said : "Be the change u want to see"... so why not enter politics..?? hmm..??

Bhargavi said...

politics.. oh yeah!
I'm sure to get two votes then.. mine n urs..
do u think I can bribe..err I mean gift others to vote for me :D