Aug 19, 2008

My trip to Mysore

Went to mysore recently with my family..


Things I liked in the trip:

This was a long awaited vacation with my family.. as all(except me) are very busy. Had fun spending time with my family!

The security in the Chennai central station.. WOW!! We left on 13th, two days before independence day, so the security was tight! There was no checking in Mysore railway station though.. So yaay Chennai is safer!

I really liked our hotel room.. except that the floor was icy chill!

Palace.. woohoo..What a place!! I wish I could live there.. for atleast a day(naah.. for ever!)

Tipu Sultan's summer palace! Though we reached there just few minutes before closing time, we did manage to have a good look around the place.

The spirit of patriotism that I suddenly got when I heard about Tipu's stand against the English. I seriously wanted to be a part of the freedom fight! Boohoo.. Its all over long back!

The lake we visited.. forgot the name.. but it was good!

Zooooooooooo.. I love animals!! Best part of our trip I would say!!!!

The gorilla.. ummmah!

Rhino enclosure.. *flashback*.. ezzzh ezzzh ezzzh.. many many years ago.. I got lost in the same place. Yeah i did get lost.. what happened is.. The rhino walked along the fence with me.. I thought it was a game so I started walking along the fence as well! Everything went on well until it lost interest in me.. and went off. Only then did I realise that I was lost.. Thanks to the rhino! Whew! Good that my family managed to find me(for which my sis is repenting till now) I wondered if it is the same rhino.. anyways it din't recognise me!

The cute kutti elephant.. it came running towards people. The way the calf ran off when the mahout shouted 'aye illi bha'(hey come here!) Till date I din't know that elephants knew kannadam!

The crocs.. and the way leading to that place.. wow! Just out of words!!

Journey back home.. Had a good sleep in train! mmm.. may be they'd washed the pillow covers n sheets this time!



Things I din't like(hate is a harsh word..) in the trip:

Though the security in the railway station impressed me.. suddenly the scanner stopped working and we had to wait for a few minutes before someone came and repaired it.

The pillow and sheets they provided in the train.. YAK!!! It was my mistake.. I should not have smelled it! It must have been ages since they washed it.

Speaking in tamil.. a big NO. The waiter in a hotel gave me a weird look when I spoke in tamil.. then din't attend to us properly. So from then on all of us zipped up our mouths and only my dad did all the talking..(yeah he knows kannadam!)

The food there.. Oh God!! yaaki!!

Brindhavan Gardens was closed for security reasons.

The roadside shops there. How the shopkeepers bug the tourists to buy stuff.. and the price they quote! happaa.. for things that are worth only Rs.20 they charge Rs.500... tourist na enna illichchavaaya (but yes they are!)

Most of the tourist spots are closed by 5PM.. What'll the people do after 5 I wonder.. May be they lock themselves up in their houses..

A whole day spent on going to various temples.. phew!! My mom is hopeless..

Spent most of the time drinking coffee(ahh how much coffee I drank!!).. taking medicines.. applying amruthanjan.. blowing my nose.. and pretending to be fine!

Was really embarrassed when the monkeys got frightened when I sneezed.. aachooo.. *sniff* *sniff* (Thank God! no one saw..)

Pitied the tigers there.. such small cages!
(NOTE TO ASLAM : Don't go to the mysore zoo. If you go.. I'm sure your blood vessels will burst on seeing the plight of the big cats there!)
They were roaming in the cages restlessly(cages were not big enough to use the word 'roam'.. but still for the lack of proper word..) The lions.. err lion.. there was just one.. bore adikaadhu?! I wanted to give it a big hug saying 'Don't worry dear..I'm here..' but fearing 'communication gap' I dropped that idea..



Things for which I din't know how to react (silar siripaar silar azhuvaar.. naan epdi react panradhunu theriyaama muzhichchaen!):

The climate. It was cold there.. if we'd gone there anyother time I would have surely enjoy it! But this time I had cold.. and due to the climate it worsened and I ended up with fever.

One of the temples was closed when we reached. I really felt relieved that I need not stand in the long queues.. but on the other hand felt bad seeing my mom getting upset for this.

In Tipu's summer palace..
'Entry fee for Indian citizens Rs.5 Foreigners Rs.100'

Have you ever heard of this crow story.. really funny! There is a white crow in Mysore. People there have a belief that the day when the crow drinks cauvery water the whole world will be destroyed. What crap! If thats true why not just kill that crow?! May be they have a story for that too.. GOK!!


Back home now..
Home Sweet Home!

13 comments:

Philip Kingsley said...

You should have waited till we go... breaking the suspence

Bhargavi said...

haha.. breaking the suspence.. what suspence?

Tara said...

White crow!! Not able to believe.. still its funny.. Its stays there or what? and only one white crow.. hope,its not ur dream:)

cute,little elephants.. nice!

And Rhino story! u got lost?? namba mudiya villai !:)

Bhargavi said...

yeah the white crow lives there.. actually i got down from the car to take some snaps.. one man there told me something in kannadam.. i couldn't understand. then some other men also told us something.. only then our driver showed us the crow and told the story..(those men had told that the white crow was seen on a tree there) also showed the crow.. :D

yeah tra.. i did get lost.. i've got lost many times.. :) but others always have managed to find me... who'll wanna miss a sweet person like me..

Tara said...

hmmm.. crow kadai ellam seri!

sweet person?? u?? be truthful. saturn! kanla mattitiyae nu kootitu vandripanga:))

Bhargavi said...

:( me sweet! obviously really truly..

Tara said...

i know dear..! Kid u are. can be called as sweet devil:P

Bhargavi said...

yeah i always see the 'sweet kid' in the mirror..
ur orkut album helps me keep track of all the animals.. except for the one foto u have with the 'sweet kid'

Visu said...

White crow? Duh. Oh wait, is it a dove actually? :P

Mysore is a good place except for the goddamn commercialization everywhere, even in temples!
(They sell pop corn, pepsi et al) Egad!

BTW, you dint come for the "Indutrial Visit" we went in the final year?

Bhargavi said...

@ visu
dove.. haha.. may be!
nope.. din't come to the IV..

Bhargavi said...

@ visu
dove.. haha.. may be!
nope.. din't come to the IV..

Aslam said...

Ahaan.. So u had a fairly enjoyable time..!
and thanks for the note on the plight of the tigers...! I hate zoos for the same reason... they have absolutely no concern for the animals... most of them who handle the animals are either ignorant, illiterate or indifferent..!

well.. anyway.. good luck on seeing the white "crow" ( most probably some other bird like a dove )... nd ur rhino friend soon...!

Unknown said...

hey guys here i too stay in chennai and i have seen a white crow really yaar..
i don't but after seeing now i have to seems..
its pure white.. and reallly belive me pa.. adu kaka nu katuchi..
what see its pic see my profile pic is tat.. only da.. on orkut.. it sat on my window.. i took a pic..wanne see it..